Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hi, I am Susan Heley

Hi, I am Susan Heley and I am 15 years old. I would like to tell you about the last few days I spent volunteering at the Yiwu Orphanage.

Every morning we report to the bus at 8:20, or are supposed to be. Lately I have been making it about 8:30 - Shhh, don't tell Danling! Then the bus transports us to the Yiwu orphanage where I get to be the half time photographer and camera woman. I have little experience with both machines so who knows what the results will look like... Yikes. After I take some photos then I go down and play with all the little babies in the baby room. There are about 40 + little ones in there. I have secreatly fallen in love with each one. It breaks my heart to see all these children just sitting in cribs and crying for attention and a little love. With all these children I have noticed that If they are crying you pick him/her up and then just like that the tears go away and smile emerges. I am planning to sneak maybe 2-3 or 15 kids in my suitcase back home then I can just distribute them off to you and you and you. lol. I love the travel group we are traveling with, they each are so nice and friendly. Every one of them brings something special to the table. I seem to be getting rather attached to Emma and Quin. whether they like it or not =P. Those two little girls are doing amazing, they never whine and are always up and willing to help. Yesterday I gave my speech - can you talk about STRESSFULL. I got it done and it went very well I was told. Danling (the big potato) did a great job of translating only missed two things Just kidding SHE WAS AMAZEING ladies and gents. Well I am getting really hungry and for those who know me I don't do very well with an empty stomach.

Susan Heley is Out!

2 comments:

Bleep said...

Wonderful post Susan, I am glad you are able to share your experiences with us! Please keep it up.

Billy

Anonymous said...

SUSAN OMG I LOVE YOU AND YOURE SO COOL