Saturday, October 25, 2008

SUSAN Time

SUSAN Time
Hey everyone back at home,
Man have we all been busy here in China. Today we took a long bus ride to Guiping to meet up with PING. Get it hahaha, I thought it was funny :p. Anyways you all have probably been keeping up with the blog and if not YOU BETTER BE STARTING and if you have been, you know that we have been to Yiwu, Lanxi, and Hangzhou orphanages. Each one is so different from the other. But one thing that is common throughout all of them is the love the nannies give the childeren. I have so far given my speech 3 times; I have one more to go, YES. I have started to notice that the farther south we go, the harder the questions at the end get. For example one question at the last orphange was how does a being a minority benefit you and if so how and if it doesn't how? I know what you're thinking - WOW, I know my same exact thought. EMBARASSING! Like always Danling is doing a tremendous job at translating. In fact I am pretty sure Danling doesn't need me there anymore she knows it by heart. I am thinking about making a deal with the Da Tu Do= Big potato (that's Danling) . If I give her 3 chocolate bars then I don't need to make the speech anymore she can hehehe.... we'll see how that goes.

This trip to China has been amazing! I encourage as many of you to go on this Volunteer trip . You will learn so much and fully appreciate all that goes on with adoption. So far my favorite part of the trip has been going to Lanxi my home town and orphange. The reason I liked it so much was because we got to go and see the new orphanage and babies. All of them look so happy and are just SOOOO CUTE you could SMOOCH them. Another thing that made that city remarkable to me was I got to see my foster family not only once but twice. It was a very emotional thing but TOTALLY worth it. A cool thing about seeing the foster parents for the second time was we got the orphanage director to agree to let families with Danling vist their foster families. I am Soo tired I must get some beauty sleep we will soon be off to the Guiping orphanage where I get to give my speech again YIPPPIE........... So I must say good night.

p.s I am looking at the time on my computor which is still on MN time and if anyone is up and reading this right now YOU ARE NUTS it is 8:36 in the morning AHHHHH!

Susan Heley

1 comment:

Bleep said...

You are quite the humorous gal Susan :) Keep up the posts.